Thursday, June 9, 2011

~~~Our Laundry Room...Old Redo!!~~~

I thought I would show you our laundry room. Fortunately (for you all) I don't have any "before" pictures:) Suffice it to say, it was DINGY , old white paint, not even  wire shelves but brackets with left over pieces of wood for shelves, it was HORRIBLE! I have no idea how I managed to stay in that room long enough to load some wash:):) So, about 2 years ago I finally decided it was TIME to DO the laundry room. I love animal prints so decided to have some FUN in the once awful laundry room. I found this picture at Marshalls (of course) and the little plates at Kirklands. The paint is a SHADE darker than the kitchen.
 We finally got just basic cabinets from Home Depot but they are GREAT! All my supplies fit in there along with light bulbs etc. I am "vertically challenged" so no storage on top of the cabinets, I decded to just decorate up there.
 On this wall a basket, mirror for last minute touch ups as I walk out the door, and the metal leaf piece. The palm thing on the left is a tile meant to be used as a hot pad, I think. Now, look away if you have a less than strong stomach.....
 Yes, this is my washer and dryer!!!!!!!!!!! The darn things WILL NOT DIE:):):) I would LOVE to have a new set of the front loaders but it is not happening!!!!! The outsides are in pretty bad shape but they still work.....darnit! They are over 20 years old......
 This rug used to be in a bathroom and now works well in here.
 I actually found an animal print ironing board cover!!!!!!

 I made this little arrangement in a basket.

 The curtains are sheers with a plam design.

So, that is my laundry room. I don't mind doing laundry (as much) now:):) Thanks so much for stopping by!!!! Have a GREAT weekend everyone. It poured rain, and we had HAIL so it has cooled off now. My car thermometer today said 100 degrees!!!! Stay cool. XO, Pinky

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a cozy room Pinky instead of a laundry room! Love that rug too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky,

    Hello!

    I love your
    laundry room!! Especially the color which is quite similar to the color I used on the walls in my Craft Room. I am actually amazed that your washer and dryer are 20 years old! I must have had to replace mine about every 6-7 years!! With the boys home, I used to do about 2, sometimes 3 loads of laundry a day!! I guess they really were used heavily. I was like that when I had the harvest gold stove and refrigerator in my kitchen!!
    I love how you decorated it with items that make you happy. After all, that is what it is all about. You have to be happy in your own home.
    Thanks you so much for your kind comment on my kitchen and how you wished you could have moved for the past 15 years. There was a time when I absolutely hated this house and then I realized that we would never be able to move so I had just better get over it and make this house into what I wanted it to be. So i am glad that you think I "inspired" you but I think you need to make the best of any situation you are in and turn it around into one that pleases you.
    So I am looking forward to seeing future projects from you , right??? LOL!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I really need to do something with my laundry room but I just haven't been in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I wouldn't mind doing laundry in a stylish and beautiful laundry room like you have.
    Everything looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i adore that ironing board cover. i wish i had a laundry room - ours is in the garage, yuck.

    pinky - you should watch for the sales for the kooboo chairs and save up! they are such a great buy on sale. you could buy two, then save up and buy two more. or buy one, then one more?!!! im worried if you wait too long they won't be selling them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky,
    Nice area for your laundry!!! I have a closet for a laundry room...still glad it's on the main floor. Your floral arrangement is darling!!! Are you putting loose change in a jar each time you do a load of clothes for your future purchase of those front loaders? They are pretty and pricey!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your laundey room Pinky so sweet. Im going to get some front loaders next time!! You did a Beautiful job sweet lady. I hope you have a Great Week, and thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescapes.
    XXOO
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Ironing board cover. I would love to have a nice laundry room -- mine is so ugly and you have to go through it to the only guest bathroom on the first floor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...