Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~~~ A Tropical Luncheon~~~

HI everyone! It is so good to be back. I thought I would set a table to show you our everyday dishes that we use during the cold dreary days of winter. I LONG for tropical skies and surroundings during the winter so surround myself with items that bring that feeling to mind. I got these new rattan chargers on our recent trip to Fl. My sister took me to a World Market near her. We used to have a World Market up here  but they closed???? I love that store!  So I grabbed these cahrgers when I saw them. I decided to use them on this table because I love the dark contrast with the lighter hues of the table setting. As you can see the dinner plate has tropical leaves around the edge and the salad plates have 4 different palm trees depicted.
 I used my centerpiece that is so natural looking. And the tiki S and P stay on the table all the time.
 I found the palm tree juice glasses at CTS a few years ago. Love their shape and size. They are hand painted though and have to be hand washed.
 At first I used a tan napkin paired with the leaf one but liked the crisp white one to go better with the tablecloth. The leaves on the napkin closely resemble the leaves on the edge of the dinner plate.
 They are gathered simply with a green napkin ring. The different SHADES of green blend nicely, I think.
 Here is another of the salad plates.
 I love this little votive holder. I found it years ago before tablescaping, so only have ONE:( So, the guest of honor will get it at their place:):)
 Another salad plate. This is the banana palm.

 I also have this pretty platter. I placed it on a palte holder for you to see.

 Here are some details of the tablecloth. I love the bamboo and the palm trees.


 Maybe someday I will get to live in a warm climate.....but I doubt it. So, I just dream.




I will be linking up with these great parties:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Making the World Cuter Monday at Making the World Cuter
More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Savvy Homemade Monday at Home Savvy A to Z
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tutorials and Tips Tuesday at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
It's A Party on Thursday at A Creative Princess
Show and Share on Thursday at Southern Lovely
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Share Your Creations on Thursday at Kristen's Creations
Hookin’ Up on Thursday with House of Hepworths
Addicts (not so) Anonymous on Friday at Addicted 2 Decorating
Inspiration Friday at At the Picket Fence
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming There is so much inspiration at all these parties, I hope you will visit some. Thanks so much for stopping by. I truly appreciate all of your support. Leave me a comment to let me know you were here, they really make my day!!!! XO, Pinky

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful and colorful table, I like it!

    Kisses and big greetings!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love a tropical tablescape and can hardly wait until summer. Your plates and linens are wonderful and you have so many wonderful "tropical" accessories pieces too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice! I love your glassware! Can't wait till summer.
    XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun table! I feel as if I've just been to the tropics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is just delightful, Pinky. It just screams....sit down and enjoy.

    We only had cold weather for about three days...the only cold we have had this year...so sorry you got caught in that!

    Sending you sunshine!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tablescape. I love palm tress, so your theme really appeals to me. Gorgeous job, I love it! xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinky, this table has me singing Hawaiian songs and wanting to put on Hawaiian clothes and head over there - for the rest of the year - oh who am I kidding - the rest of my life!

    Everything is so elegant and lovely and you have so many wonderful little accessories. Take me away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    Your tropical tablescape is Beautiful!! I feel like I've been to the Inland's.. You did a lovely job putting this all together.
    I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Pinky! The whole table is so attractive you could leave it set up like this all the time!
    That's a great tablecloth and those new chargers are perfect! Love the dishes and the Tiki S & P's!
    I would love to shop at a World Market, I'm always hearing and reading good things that come out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you, Pinky. I am looonging for warm weather! Your terrific tablescape is just what I need to get my imagination flowing - warm sun, warm breezes, sand between my toes...ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love that tropical flair!! Beautiful table Pinky..Have a wonderful "warm" day...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the dishes! It makes the room feel like you're on vacation in beach house.
    And I want to thank you for your kind, encouraging comment about the seasons in our lives. I do feel better lately...it's been warm and sunny.

    xo,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinky,
    Gorgeous hues of lime green, brown and whites! Tropical,indeed! The attention to detail is exquisite, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, this feels like the tropics..... a beautiful table!!
    I love the color of the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow gorgeous so colorful .I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very tropical tablescape! Here in New York, I've never even thought of having tropical dinnerware but it would be wonderful during winter. I L.O.V.E. those placemats. I saw some similar in Pottery Barn, but the price was pretty up there since I wanted 12 of them. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish it were a tropical day here to go with the tropical table you have so wonderfully created. You always do such a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pinky, Thank you for the recommending I turn off my word verification. I figured out how to do it!! Your table is lovely and I love the chargers. I'm going to have to visit our World Market when I go back to town.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So creative...and yes, the tropics are calling me too! Love the glasses ~ such a perfect color.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. *sigh* Your lovely tropical table brings back so many fond memories of our years living in FL. We had a triple pigmy palm tree in the front yard that was just beautiful!

    I especially like the linens you used, Pinky. I'm hoping to get to our local World Market on Wed. & I will think of you while I shop.

    Hope you feel better fast, Honey. Go rest!

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty and tropical setting! I moved to my beach house permanently, so I relate to palm trees, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very tropical indeed! I love those chargers, I put together an on line order from World Market with Alma, and she got those , so I have seen them in person. They are really nice.
    If you buy on line link through mrrebates.com and you get a 3% rebate for WM. It all adds up! You could order with Y and save the shipping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know Pinky, I have those same plates. I also have bamboo flatware, but darker. I should do a tropical tablescape sometime. It's perfect for this time of year, when we need some sushine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Pinky. I love anything palm, so I really enjoyed your table. The tablecloth is beautiful! I have palm tree glasses and pitcher--mine are etched--that's how much I like them. Great table, promising warm weather, beach and palm trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah, I guess summer is not that far away - at least in blog land. It's wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun table! I love palms!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, Pinky! I think you did for this table the way a lot of us are feeling right now...come on, warm weather!!!!! I shouldn't complain, though. It has been relatively nice here. Expecting 70s for tomorrow. I love all the different palms on the salad plates. It really gives each person a chance to feel a little bit special! I hope summer warmth heads your way soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...