Tuesday, August 27, 2013

~~~~A New Fall Wreath~~~~

 Hello my friends! I hosted a luncheon for the ladies in my development today and made a couple of things to give as gifts. I made an all white arrangement for the woman who is the newest resident. I will show you that soon. I also made this Fall wreath for a woman whose birthday is today. This is the finished product on my front door, and I thought I would show you how I made it .I have several of these easels, that make wreath making SO much easier! I also have a small, tabletop one. I started with a plain grapevine wreath. PLEASE forgive the mess in the background. My worktable is in the basement storage area. I also CLEANED it all up AFTER I made this wreath:):)
 Then I always begin with a bow. I did this one with a wired Fall ribbon, love the colors.

 Next comes 2 fall picks, placed on each side of the bow. They contain sunflowers and some acorns, leaves and berries.
 Next is a stem of sunflowers that I cut apart.
 then a BUSH of mums. I always buy bushes and cut them apart, more bang for your buck!!!!!
 This is a bush of mixed fall flowers. I got these at the place where I worked: everything is 50% off the ticketed place, plus they were having a sale of an additional 25% off!!!!
 I also found this great fall nest.
 I filled in with fall leaves, berries, etc. that I had in my "stash"!!!!
 Sorry some of these are blurry...taking a picture and holding the object makes me shake:):):)
I found this great fall nest too.
 She really liked it!!!







Thanks for your visit. I am linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

Judy @ DIY by Design for Sizzle Into Summer Wednesday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday
Confessions of a Plate Addict - The Scoop
 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 
Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Pinky - what a thoughtful gift to bring!!!
    Can't wait to see the all white one -
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't love that wreath?! It is so bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats Beautiful Pinky~~!! wow, you'll be the star of the neighborhod with that beauty.. love that Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fall wreath looks beautiful Pinky!It looks great on your front door. Can't wait to get mine up next week. August weather finally showed up here in Charlotte and it's HOT! Just saw your comment on my picnic table from earlier this month. Somehow it got lost in the spam file. Guess I should check it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds, Pinky. I did a wreath this morning and posted it, too!:-)

    Your wreath is gorgeous. The ribbon reminds me I need to keep an eye on sales, so I can add to my supply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky, very pretty. A beautiful gift.Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Pinky! You always do a good job on things like this. You are a great neighbor to have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cheery fall wreath Pinky! The ribbon made a beautiful bow and I love your sweet nest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely wreath. I love the fall colors. I am so ready for fall.
    What a great idea to use an easel to make the wreath easier to work on. Your front door looks just like mine. Same setup with the sidelight on one side. I even painted my door black a few years ago. I'll have to read back on your blogs to see how you decorate it for the seasons. Thanks for inspiring me to get to work on my fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful wreath, and a lovely gift to give {or receive} I am totally smitten with that Autumnal coloured plaid ribbon~swoon~would love to own a spool of that!
    You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the wreath...looks great on the door! Please come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/09/welcome-to-centerpiece-wednesday-91.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wreath can't wait to get mine out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath turned out beautiful Pinky! Love the great colors and fun acorns:@)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...