Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pottery in the Kitchen in Winter

Good morning and Happy February!!!!!! I shared how I did the breakfast room for Winter last week so I thought I should share the kitchen too. It seems SO bare after the color and glitz of Christmas but I am enjoying it and think the house needed a breather:) I am NOT a minimalist by any stretch but this is nice. I started collecting pottery back in the 70's. I have gotten rid of some but keep a lot as it brings back fun memories and is worth ALOT more than what I paid for it all those years ago. We start at the buffet area. On my vintage scale I placed a pottery tea pot.
 It is the center of this vignette. A pottery vase holds some faux greens and a small lidded pot.
 On the other side the matching pot, a round basket, another lidded pot and a faux fern. Did you notice the pottery switch plate? I have several of them and still LOVE them!
 In the center a candle with a glass topper featuring pinecones. I love burning candles and making the house smell so good!
 More pottery sits above the cabinets all the time.
 On the fridge is a wire basket with green apples, a twig sphere and an  arrangement of faux succulents. Lots of texture in the kitchen and breakfast room for winter!
 Some copper pieces, a pottery lidded jar and a watering can over here by the sink.
 This iron lamp with the rattan shade and a pottery basket holds a faux cactus and a fern. Also my pottery ring holder sits here by the sink.
 I made this arrangement years ago with a variety of faux grasses. A sweet primrose sits in the center.
 A pottery piece acts as my utensil holder.

 To the left of the stove is another candle and a faux topiary in an iron holder.
 I thought I would share these pictures with you. They are always on the side of my fridge. The 2 little girls are me and my sister. I am the older one:)
 The glare is bad so I put them down on the counter. A few years ago when my sister was visiting we recreated the 2 pictures;):)

 And I will finish with this shot I took on Mon. We had 3 short BURSTS of snow, then the sun would come out and then it would start again. It was like being in our own snow globe!
 
Thanks for your visit.
XO, Pinky
 
 
Sharing here:

 Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
 
Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely pottery and your sweet photos. It is always fun to look back. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always in awe of your beautiful collections that adorn your home!....Love the pottery in the kitchen...such a beautiful warm feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely is your kitchen. I love your vintage scale. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...