Tuesday, May 30, 2017

New Shelves in my Office

Since moving in here, I have missed the shelf unit (that Joe built) that was in my old office. However, I didn't say anything to Joe as he had so many other things going on. Last week, I casually mentioned that I wished I had some shelves in here to display some family pictures and other things. That afternoon, he went to Lowes, purchased shelf kits and installed them for me! He is such a great guy! He also surprised me as I thought he would think he had to MAKE the shelves but he said, these will be great.....and a lot easier! So Here is what the office has looked like and then I will share the new shelves.
 I have a lot of the African pieces in here, along with some family pictures.
 These pictures are 2 of my favorites.
 I got started collecting African art when I inherited some pieces from my in-laws.
 This is what is on the top of my desk/hutch.

 My Dad, during the war. He was in the Phillipines in this picture.
 I switched out the pillows and throw for the warmer months to these green ones.
 This is a large basket that I got many years ago and I hung a mask in the center.

 These shelves have made me crazy. I just didn't know what to do with them. I still may move them to another room but for now, they are still here.
 Above the shelf unit is some artwork and a basket  with a gourd in it.

 Here is the shelf unit redone. Less things make it look less cluttered and more cohesive.
 Me and our daughter...several years apart:):)
 Here are the new shelves! I love them.
 We did this in just a few hours.
 I did a combination of décor pieces and family pictures.
 I am happy with the result now.
 My Mom and Dad are on the top shelf.


 I wanted to show you this. Can you see that the brooch that my Mom is wearing in the picture, is in the shadow box. I am so happy to have this!
 This is Joe and I in Florida many years ago!


 This African doll is a favorite of mine.

 My daughter and SIL's engagement picture.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend. We did as we were very busy! Entertained Friday night, a picnic on Sat. and another on Sunday! Monday we rested:)
XO, Pinky
I will be sharing here:

Metamorphosis Monday,


 

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,


 

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME

Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

Let’s Dish!

Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop

Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look. Great job with the new shelves. They make the room look less cluttered and more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shelves with beautiful treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinky, I love all your treasures and the shelves look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...