Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January Means Organizing, for me!

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy new year! We sure did! We hosted Christmas dinner and for NYE we went to a party that we go to each year. This year was a quiet but very nice evening. Now, to get to the blog. I have missed blogging but enjoyed a few weeks off to be with family. Now that it is January I am into organizing mode. It hits every year at this time. Today I started with my 2 pantries. I'll start with the before of this pantry. I don't know about you but this pantry becomes a mess over the holidays.
 Stuff just gets put in here willy nilly:)
 And things that should have been put away end up in here sometimes....
 Oh brother, what a mess:)


 Now the after
One corner has all the things that Colleen uses. I just realized I missed the halloween candy:)



 Oh this makes me breathe a sigh of relief!

 This is the other pantry, closer to the stove.


 I always keep 5 or 6 bags in the bottom of the cans so I don't have to pull out the box every time.


 Much better! This one doesn't get as bad with the turntables. I have used turntables for probably 40 years for canned goods etc.
 Putting these wire shelves on the doors really helped to give us more storage. They were one long piece but Joe had to cut it in half and use half on each pantry door cause they wouldn't fit over the handles.

 So that's the start of my organizing. I will try to do some a couple of times each week. I have GOT to do my dish room. It is a total disaster right now. I want to get rid of some things too. Like I said, happy new year and THANK YOU for following along.
XO, Pinky

I will share here:
 Inspire Me Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life on Tuesday
The Scoop @ Stone Gable Blog


Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style on Tuesday evening
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday





15 comments:

  1. Great job, Pinky. You are inspiration. Our pantry definitely needs attention, plus a closet in a spare bedroom that I refer to as the black hole. I guess that speaks for itself. Thanks for posting this, I will get after ours soon.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARIGATOU(Thank you so much!!)
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a prosperous new year!
    On Japanese New Year ‘s customs;
    Adults put money in a special envelope and give it to children.
    This is called “otoshidama” and many children look forward to it very much!
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet custom! I like it. Thank you for your visit!!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, Check out whatsapp gb original the best mod apk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...